Hello, I thought I would do a tag post to mix things up a little. So I found this tag video by chance and it was quite big around a year ago, I stumbled across it while watching icovetthee's 100th video. Alix is one of my favourite YouTubers she is so lovely to watch and she always looks perfect and ridiculously pretty, plus her vlogs are really beautiful and cute. If I were ever to do a YouTube channel she would be my inspiration, and the video of hers of this tag is below if you want to check it out. Anyway the tag consists of 4 questions so lets get started, I hope you enjoy it!
1. When did you begin loving make-up?
I was actually quite a late starter when it came to makeup, a lot of my friends and my sister all started wearing makeup when they were around fourteen/fifteen. Yet I didn't really like makeup I just thought it looked really unnatural, and I was a firm believer that foundation destroyed your skin and caused break outs etc. The first beauty product I got into was eyeshadow, I loved eyeshadow and I would wear it at school when I was in Sixth Form and mascara. I didn't start wearing foundation and properly getting into makeup until started university and just wasted hours and hours watching tutorials and discovering YouTubers and the rest is history. Also my student loan meant I got a much-needed cash injection into my student account which meant I could occasionally splurge on high end products. And the rest is history. . .
Above is my very first eyeshadow palette, it contains 110 eyeshadows and is called The Body Collection Classic Gold palette. It's awesome. I use the right side of the palette the most as it's quite neutral and therefore very wearable. I love them.
2. How do you feel without makeup?
It doesn't really bother me, I am usually running late and I am the kind of person that would rather sleep until five minutes before I have to leave the house than correctly apply eyeliner. Most days I throw random items of makeup into my bag with the idea I will apply it during the day but I usually don't. I don't really feel that different with makeup than I do without, it's more the actual application that I like I just enjoy replicating looks; it's fun.
Above is my no-makeup selfie for cancer awareness, and also how I look most days haha. I think it's good that people are rallying together to help, it's a novel and modern take on charity but I still think selfies have nothing to do with it, but I commend everyone for all they are doing.
3. What do you like about makeup?
I love the creativity it gives you and the fact that makeup is limitless: you will never have all the products in the world because it evolves so fast which makes for a life long addiction. I love creating looks and duplicating others or using celebrities or TV characters as my inspiration, it's just fun and a way to subtly alter your appearance. It's nice, I look at my face as a canvas and it's surprising what adding a little colour can do for the face.
4.Holy grail items.
Ooh, I have quite a few favourite products but as for my Holy Grail items, I'll try and narrow it down to no more than 5:
- Porefessional Primer by Benefit - I mix this with my Benefit moisturiser and apply this before foundation application, it just creates a smooth, hydrated surface and feels good and nourishing on your skin. I only use it if I really want my makeup to look good or to last for a long time, it's really expensive so I just use the little samples they give me at the counter because you really only need the tiniest amount. The trick is to work it into the skin with your fingers so there is an even coat all over your face.
- Nyx Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk - This is a fantastic, inexpensive eyeshadow base, it's like an oversized crayon and you just apply it all over the eyelid and blend it out with your fingers or a brush and pop your eyeshadow on top. It really enhances the eyeshadows and ensures that they stay put it makes a massive difference. It s just a great product to have in your makeup bag.
- Kevyn Acquoin Eyelash Curlers - Eyelash curlers are a must for me, as mascara is my favourite thing in the world and your mascara looks ten times better when you curl your lashes first. Even just curling them can make your eyes look bigger and brighter and more awake. These were £16 but I really really love them, also have a pair from Primark for £1 that aren't as good but they do the job.
- Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette - I feel like I don't even need to explain why this is a Holy Grail product, I am just hopelessly in love with rose gold and all the colours in this palette are ridiculously stunning. They are so pretty and feminine with a few darker shades thrown into the mix to toughen it up a little. I love it. The packaging; the quality; the colours; the brush it comes with; they are all perfection. One of the only high end palettes that I think are worth the price. Urban Decay eyeshadows are unrivalled.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent - Again another affordable product that is of high quality, I have combination skin so powdering my face makes a massive difference. Coloured powder on top of foundation usually looks cakey or overly artificial so translucent is the best way to go and Rimmel's is the best. It's easy to apply, the packaging is simple and there is a lot of product in there too. It feels really lightweight on the skin and it is translucent so no matter what skin tone you are: brown, indian, pale, whatever, it will not be visible. It is lovely.
Of course I love all makeup items by Benefit. I am a Bene whore and I'm not ashamed!
Thank you for reading this tag post and if you like you can tell me your answers to these questions in the comments section below. Of course, if you have any other comments or suggestions/questions all my links are down below also. Thanks again, I have started packing for Italy now and yes it is very stressful to pack for 2 weeks with a limitation of 10 kg. I have no idea how I am going to do this. I have also decided that one of my future posts will be dedicated to volunteering because that is a massive part of my life right now and I thought it would be cool to share it with you. Have a great weekend!
Here are my links:
Ask fm: www.askfm.com/alittlekiran