I am not nearly as exploratory with my lip products as I am with my eyeshadows. Whereas, I will try all types of colours on my lids I tend to stick with tried and tested shades on my lips. For me, that shade will always be that nude-pink lip; it is simply unbeatable. A classic. It compliments a wide variety of skin tones, can take you through day-time errands, dinner, a party and weddings. So here are my Top 5 Lip Products that I use, I am sorry they are not more exciting.
1. Nars Dolce Vita - This satin lip pencil is one of the most expensive in this selection, at £18, it glides on easily, has a very pink undertone, and the name alone made me fall utterly in love with it.
2. Rimmel Precious Brown - One of my favourite nudes, sheer and sparkly it plumps up your lips and catches the light beautifully. A go-to for any smoky eye makeup.
3. Rimmel Vintage Pink - A gorgeous dusty rose pink, deep enough to suit darker skin tones but not too bright or overly shocking. The ultimate safe pink with a satin finish.
4. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Rush - The packaging alone makes this lipstick stand out among the other chosen. It is heavy with layered purple and gunmetal grey packaging - incidentally two of my favourite colours - but the pigmentation of this lipstick is what slays me. It is Rimmel's Vintage Pink on crack and with less shimmer. The formula is creamy and moisturising and the colour payoff is insane. The same deep pinkish rose in colour that looks lovely in all photographs. I wore this at my graduation and received many compliments.
5. Benefit Benetint - Self-explanatory, but this tint acts like a stain on the lips, it adds a dash of colour to liven up the pigmentation of your lips. A great option for those barely-there makeup days, or when your lips are looking a little lacklustre. It even tastes great and feels hydrating on the lips.
Above you can see swatches of all the shades. I tend to prefer sheerer lip products because then I know they will flatter me. Please leave your favourites in a comment below. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin, you can see the widget on the right and stay tuned for the next post in the August Beauty Challenge. I am going to Coney Beach in Wales with my family tomorrow, so undoubtedly I will be posting late at night. Hope you're enjoying the holidays. Take care.