Sonam Kapoor, a beautiful Bollywood actress, has been slaying the red carpet at Cannes as of late, and recently, Sonam's makeup artist Namrata Soni posted an Instagram picture of this gorgeous soft peach makeup look with a step by step guide on how to achieve this look. She didn't mention any specific products, I assume mostly L'Oreal products were used but I don't want to confine this post to one brand. Instead, I will summarise the steps Namrata Soni posted and recommend products I have used myself. This glam is flawless, fresh-faced, dewy, glowy, feminine but wearable. Follow along:
1) Prep the skin. Namrata recommends using a face mist first, the NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray (£7) is a great budget option for this, alternatively you could use MAC Fix Plus (£17). Then, moisturise well with a good moisturiser, I recommend the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream (£21.60) for people with dry skin and Benefit Cosmetics Triple Performing Facial Emulsion Moisturiser (£21) for girls with oily skin. Use an eye cream underneath the eyes for extra moisture (Origins Plantscription Eye Treatment or the Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm £48)
2) Colour Correcting. Use a corrector, only if you feel this is necessary. For those with lighter skin use a salmon coloured concealer underneath the eyes to combat dark circles, for deeper skin tones use an orange/yellow concealer. The LA Girl Pro Concealers (£5 each) are brilliant for this, and very affordable and so is the Tarte Cosmetics Wipeout Colour Correcting Palette ($45).
3) Base. For a flawless glowing base, use a medium to full coverage foundation, like L'Oreal's True Match (£10) or Nars Sheer Glow (£31). Apply with a damp Beauty Blender (£16) for a seamless and fresh finish. Use a loose powder to set foundation and concealer, I recommend the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder (£29) or ELF HD Setting Powder (£7.50).
4) Eyes. Use a gold eyeshadow as a base for the inner half of the eye, apply up to the brow bone and on the outer half apply a peach shadow from the lash line to the brow bone again. Blend the two shadows together in the centre of the lid. Make the peach shadow extend to the tail end of the brow. Add a soft brown shadow into the crease to create a shadow, lightly. Apply the same soft brown underneath the eye, extending it towards the tail end of the brow like a very soft wing. This will lift the eye and create a feline shape. Luscious, Just Peachy and Charmed, I'm Sure from the Sweet Peach Palette could create this same peachy pink eye look. As this palette is so hard to get hold of here are some MUG alternatives: Shimma Shimma, Peach Smoothie and Mocha (£4.95 per pan). Deepen the wing with a black gel eyeliner; I love the Barry M (£5.50) or Maybelline Gel Eyeliner (£8).
5) Lashes. Beautiful lashes start with a good curl, curl your eyelashes well and then apply two coats of your favourite mascara. I recommend Urban Decay Perversion Mascara (£17.50) for a look like this. For fuller looking lashes add Ardell Medium Individual Eyelashes (£5) predominantly to the centre of the eye. This will help your eyes look bigger.
6) Cheeks. For that gorgeous glowy skin apply a shimmering gold highlighter to the high points of the face, focusing on the tops of the cheekbones and bridge of the nose. some gorgeous gold highlighters are: Anastasia Beverly Hills So Hollywood, Becca Cosmetics Champagne Pop (£32) and Balm Cosmetics Mary Loumanizer (£17.50). For warmth add an orange blush to the cheeks, this will complement the peach tones on the eyes, MAC Ambering Rose Blush (£18.50) would look gorgeous.
7) Lips. Complete this look with a creamy coral lipstick MAC Mehr (£15.50) and a layer of gold lip gloss on top for extra shine (Nars Gold Digger, £19.50).
Thank you so much for reading, hope you liked this post. Let me know your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to follow my blog and other social media, it means a lot to me. Take care.
Which celebrity style do you most admire (fashion or beauty)?