|10 Things To Help When Returning To Work After The Holidays|
Is there anything more painful than returning to work after an extended food-filled weekend? I think not, and I have to admit I am not looking forward to going back to the grind tomorrow either. So in the spirit of keeping things cheerful and jolly, despite the mixed bag that was this Christmas (RIP George) here are a few things to help you get back in work mode without killing the good vibes:
- Pamper Routine is mandatory, use all those lovely treats you got for Christmas. Immerse that bath bomb into a bath and soak yourself in some me time.
- Wash your hair. Put in some fancy hair oil or leave-in conditioner.
- Pop on a face mask, battle that imminent breakout from all the chocolate you have been swimming in.
- Exfoliate, until you feel so clean and smooth and perfect that you sparkle.
- Paint your nails so when you're typing at your desk you feel like a boss.
- Drink some green tea because it will help you get into a healthier frame of mind. If you have time to squeeze in a quick workout or at least a stretch you'll feel better immediately.
- Have bottled water on hand because the key to battling hangovers and sluggish behaviour is H20.
- Set your alarm half an hour earlier than you usually do just so you have an extra half an hour before you actually have to get out of bed.
- Say to yourself before you step out of the door or even before you manage to drag yourself out of bed that "today is going to be a great day". Statistics show saying it makes it so, okay I made that up, but if you choose to believe it surely you have a higher chance of having a really good day.
- Eat a healthy breakfast, a banana is a good option. They are quite refreshing and not too heavy first thing in the morning.
- Plan something fun for your lunch, I tend to save specific YouTube videos so I can watch them in my lunch hour, plus most beauty YouTubers are starting to roll out their Best and Worst of 2016 videos which are amongst my favourite to watch. Another suggestion is getting your hands on your favourite limited time only Christmas drink from one of your chosen coffee shops before you can't get them anymore. THE HORROR.
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful. On the plus side, I have a three day week ahead which is my favourite kind of week and I jet off to the US the week after. Which I am so excited about, I cannot wait to try cinnabons, they sound fabulous. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed the holidays. For all you lucky fellas and lasses who still have time off to luxuriate in, I am so very jealous. Have a wonderful week guys! Thank you. Take care.
How was your Christmas, what did you get, when do you go back to work?