Makeup Geek is known for the world over for affordable, quality makeup. Their eyeshadow pans were their very first launch and although I have yet to try their standard eyeshadows I was very sweetly gifted these incredible 10 foiled eyeshadow pans in this reflective Travel Vault Case for Christmas. The Travel Vault Palette is $13 on the MUG website, boasts a mirror and a gorgeous gunmetal case, it is also available in black and comfortably houses 10 normal pan-size eyeshadows. It took me a while to manage to fit them all in, I do wish it didn't look so hodge podge and fitted in a more linear, neat fashion. I think the Travel Vault Palettes would make a great alternative to the popular Z Palettes, I don't know if you've heard about their social media meltdown that happened a few weeks ago. Never mind all that though, let's dive right into these gorgeous metallic shadows. Eyeshadows are everything to me. Unfortunately, many of these shades are difficult to track down on Beauty Bay so for all you UK dwellers you have my sincere apologies, all links are to the MUG site.
The first fve shadows can be seen pictured below. From top to bottom, we have:
- Flame Thrower ($10) - foiled rich warm copper. My top favourite out of all 10.
- Grandstand ($10) - foiled rose gold with peach undertones. Another favourite, this peachy toned metallic shadow looks so gorgeous on the inner third of the eye.
- High Wire ($10) - foiled light blue silver. I have been drawn to these icy blue Barbie colours lately so I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this one.
- Daydreamer ($10) - foiled light cool lilac. Most disappointing out of the 10, it's not as interesting as the other shades just lilac on a slightly lighter lilac and not as rich in pigment.
- Steampunk ($6) - a duochrome shadow with a blackened blue base and rich copper reflects. Another shade that I could have done without, I can't see myself using this much. The colour looks gorgeous in the pan but on the skin and eyes it's a bit blah.
The following fve shadows can be seen pictured below. From top to bottom, we have:
- Jester ($10) - mossy green with gold undertones. This is the perfect metallic green to me. It's warm, bright and bold and so complimentary to my warm skin and brown eyes. Gorgeous.
- Mesmerised ($10) - Foiled taupe purple. Purple is my favourite colour and it looks stunning contrasted against brown eyes, so I will definitely be getting a lot of use out of this one.
- Untamed ($10) - intense bright golden copper. Gold shadows are everything to me and this particular rich old gold shade is stunning. Breathtaking. Captivating. Perfection.
- Whimsical ($10) - foiled light silvery pink. This is so bright it makes the most intense inner corner highlight. I am obsessed with cool toned inner corner highlights right now.
- In The Spotlight ($10) - soft pink peachy coral. I love this shade, it looks so amazing on tan/olive skin and is pretty versatile, I like to mix it with the other shadows to make them more interesting. It looks insane mixed with Untamed and is great at making Daydreamer more eye-catching.
In general, I think these are fantastic shadows. There are a few that I really really love and want to put on my face every single day and there are some that I don't think I will use that often (Daydreamer and Steam Punk), I do think they are all beautiful and easy to work with. I apply them with a flat synthetic eyeshadow brush over an eye primer and really pack them on for maximum intensity. You can also intensify the colour by applying with a wet brush. Despite the variance amongst the swatches you can easily get a lot of colour intensity from all of these shadows. They are all soft to touch and for minimum effort are best applied with your finger tips. They apply really smooth this way. The shadows I like most are Flame Thrower, Daydreamer, Jester, Untamed, Whimsical and In The Spotlight. I highly recommend these shadows if you are looking for something like this. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this review, please let me know your favourite Makeup Geek products are down below in the comments. I love discovering new products. TGIF guys. Take care.
What are your favourite Makeup Geek products?